Saturday, February 4, 2012

Would a straight couple feel awkward spending the night at Fire Island Pines?

Me and my boyfriend are a young couple (both 20) who want to spend a relaxing weekend on Fire Island. (We live on Long Island). Since this is so last minute, obviously everything is booked. But I did manage to find a place that seemed really nice on Fire Island Pines, a small gay community. Now usually when I plan trips, I make mistakes (I'm know as a bad planner). I really want this trip to not have any problems. Obviously gay couples do not make me uncomfortable. I just wonder if it would be awkward for me and boyfriends first overnight stay in Fire Island. Does anyone know if there are a bunch of straight couples that stay at The Pines and they do not feel out of place? |||Lots of straight couples with your attitude enjoy the Fire Island resorts.


You will no doubt meet some gay couples with reciprocal attitudes towards straights as you are obviously not in competition with them nor are they with you. Enjoy the genial atmosphere and possible new friendships, you're on vacation, not a M8 hunting safari.

No comments:

Post a Comment