Saturday, February 4, 2012

How do you take a Road Trip?

I'm a 17 year old girl, and I would like to take a road trip across Canada (I live in Canada, Toronto, but I want to see more of my beautiful country)





I don't plan to take it anytime soon, because I'm a bit young and very busy with school. But when I'm 19 or 20, I'd like to go with a couple close friends.





I am a planner, so I'd like to start planning it. Im very safe though, so Im also looking for tips to keep t safe. I dont want to get kidnapped and murdered! Haha.





So, how can I plan a good road trip? And how can I stay safe?|||You don't need to do much planning.



1. Start with the amount of time you have available.

2. Don't plan on driving more than 500km a day if you want to be doing sightseeing.

3. Open up a mapping program and plan out your trip, knowing the number of days you have available and the distance you can go.

4. Before you make the trip, get your car's oil changed at a place that also does auto inspections. They will tell you if you need repairs.



Things to bring:

A good sized cooler to hold your lunch and snacks, so that you're not spending all your money on greasy restaurant food.

A music collection (CDs, MP3 player, whatever)

Camera

Comfortable clothes. If it's a longer trip, bring no more than 4 days' worth and do laundry on the way.



To stay safe:

Don't carry much cash

Stay with friends

Don't leave anything valuable in the car overnight. If your car is parked during the day, make sure that nothing valuable is visible to anyone who looks in the window.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post you have here. A very interesting topic. Thank you very much for sharing. Anyway, I'd also like to share my friend's guide on how to plan travel itinerary online. This might also help other people who loves to travel like us.

    ReplyDelete