Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Driving from BOSTON ma to HOLLYWOOD ca?

Tons of questions! AHH I need all the help I can get!!!


So, Its May 8th now.. and I need to be moved into my place in north hollywood by JUNE FIRST!


Im leaving most of my stuff back here in Boston however I will be driving because I wanna bring my car and would rather just drive it personally. Anyway its going to be me in my dog in a 2006 Nissan altima





Some questions.





#1 I want to do this in the fastest way possible? How long do you think I can take, the GPS says 48 hours and I know its going to have to be a little longer, but how can I make this the easiest, fastest trip across country.





#2 Im really confused about the gas, most people are telling me its going to be anywhere from $600 to $900 on gas, but when i do the AAA TRIP planner it says 3,001 miles, and $323 in gas.





#3 Is there anything I should defiantly know or prepare for when driving across country. (just an example i think in most states you need an actual insurance card like car insurance card, where as here in mass they dont go by cards we the RMV is linked with the cops systems.) what should i be aware of, look out for, avoid, etc?





ANY OTHER ADVICE ETC WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!|||Your best bet is to drop down to the Penn Turnpike via I-95 and then west to I-70 to Utah and south on I-15 to LA. If summer time, book your motels in advance, especially out west. They can get expensive close to the Freeway. You could also do I-80 west to I-15. You will need proof of insurance, registration, and a dr lic.|||Without knowing the mpg of your car the fuel cost is impossible to calculate. You should figure at least $3/gallon average.

No comments:

Post a Comment