Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chicago residents, please help! :-)?

So I want to get to Six Flags Great America in Gurnee from the city (let's use Downtown Chicago). What is the quickest way to get there on CTA? My man and I do not have a car so we have to use public transportation. I tried the CTA website's "Trip Planner" but it requires me to call because Six Flags is not listed.





I want REAL directions, please don't link me to certain sites or numbers...Help me out! :D|||This is how to get there using METRA and Pace:





Union Pacific North Line


Board at Ogilvie Transportation Center and ride to the Waukegan Station.





* Walk south about one block to Washington Street. Turn right, walk west on Washington Street, up the hill three blocks to Genesee Street.


* At the NE corner of Washington Street and Genesee Street board either Rte. 572 or Rte. 565.





Milwaukee District North Line


Board at Union Station and ride to the Libertyville Station.





* Walk east towards Milwaukee Avenue.


* Rte. 572 will board at the bus shelter located on the east side of Milwaukee Avenue.|||I don't have a car, either, and I travel all over the country. But there are some places where you just have to have a car. Is there any way you could rent a car for a day?|||The metra train located downtown will take you and stop at Gurnee. Not sure which train station you need to get on in order to get there.|||Go use the RTA trip planner and tell them you are at State Street and Madison Street or 10 N. State Street. Otherwise, call their operator's number shown on the website for directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment