Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Can I really ride a city bus for an hour?

I wanna visit friends at another town which is 15 miles away. So I figured I'd walk 5 miles to a bus stop, then go from there. I used the CDTA Trip Planner site, http://tripplanner.cdta.org/hastinfoweb/


I said from the stop, Crossgates Mid-Mall to Watervliet High School.





%26amp; it said I'd be riding the bus for 52 minutes! It said it'd make some stops at other places, too. But is that for real? Is the driver really gonna drive all over the place? Will he let me stay on that long? Will I have to pay extra?|||depends on the route sound it might be a local run


each bus line has a certrain route it will follow it may not go direct from


where you get pick up to where you are going (some they stop at


transit centers he wouldnt drive all over the place he will be followw the route that line takes


some routes can be 3 hours along (theres one like that in orange county


calfornia (starts in Long beach and go to San Clemete and entire route is 3 hours along and it does detour a little (to service some shoppping centers)


and driver dont really care how long you are on the bus unless the transit company has zones where you might have to pay more


as for paying extra the trip planner would have told you the fare


if its local route probally not UNless that traisnt company has zones


then maybe you will


suggest if you have bike you could ride the bike the 5 miles to your bus stop (most buses have bike racks you can place your bike on)|||on lot of bus you could ride all day

No comments:

Post a Comment