Friday, January 20, 2012

Free online road trip planner?

I am taking a road trip with my best friend in April. We are starting in the northeast and want to head down the east coast south. We are not sure where exactly to stop/see on the way. We have some ideas in mind, but it's more of a leisurely trip. 5-6 days of traveling total, ending back in the Northeast. We are bringing our tents and want to stay in hotels as LITTLE as possible to save money. We would like to camp on beaches along the way or wherever we can for free or cheap. I am looking for a user friendly online road trip planner. I have tried Tripit.com, mapquest, roadtrip America etc. None of these is what I need. I want something that HELPS me and makes it easy. Anyone have ideas?|||JaneMullins probably gave a valid answer. For all you're asking, you'll probably need to do it yourself. The websites that help you find driving distances and times will not help you find campgrounds. Likewise, camping websites won't tell you distances between points. If you visit a truckstop or camping store, you can probably find books that list campgrounds, then use Mapquest or something to find the driving distances/times.|||Just buy a map

No comments:

Post a Comment